Sign in to follow this  
luder

Need help-I have 3 jobs to do

I have 2 MH-721 Refines, which are the 24" cutters.  I love mine.

Luder your situation is an anomaly. Like FiveStar said the Refine machines are normally pretty solid for part time machines.

anomaly-strange or unusual- seems like alot of these people on the boards have issues with there pcuts. Just was wondering if I should try another pcut or look into another machine, how about a copham 2500...........luder

anomaly-strange or unusual- seems like alot of these people on the boards have issues with there pcuts. Just was wondering if I should try another pcut or look into another machine, how about a copham 2500...........luder

Well, this is a support forum, so the majority of things you see on a support forum, is request for support.....

Seldom do people sign up just to say things are going great, although I have seen more of this lately.

For the money, the PCut is an excellent beginner or hobbyist cutter. If you have the budget to swing the cost of the Copam, it is the more reliable unit by far.

:thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

Luder your situation is an anomaly. Like FiveStar said the Refine machines are normally pretty solid for part time machines.

Levi they are pretty solid FULL TIME machines too.  :huh:;D:huh: I bet I my machine runs more then 75% of sign shops using those expensive machines.  I couldn't begin to guess at how many feet of vinyl has been ran through my machines.

Levi they are pretty solid FULL TIME machines too.  :huh:;D:huh: I bet I my machine runs more then 75% of sign shops using those expensive machines.  I couldn't begin to guess at how many feet of vinyl has been ran through my machines.

Yes they really are quite nice for the price. Generally for people that are going to be using their machine for hours a day I recommend the Copam or the Graphtec just because the refine/pcut have parts go our more often but these value machines can last for quite a few years. Generally after a year or two you will need to replace a motherboard, but that's nothing compared to the potential return on one of these things.

Well you will receive my cutter today, hope I have a new one next week and I will not have any trouble with it. Pretty pricey to ship though $52.47 UPS, I will keep you posted,luder

there was no UPS ground shipping on wed,thurs,or friday....which might explain the delay.Wherever ot was Tuesday midnight,it is probably still there.

RMA: Return material authorization

It's the number a verndor gives you when they allow you to send something back to them

I dont believe I have one, wanted me to send back the boards (take her apart again) but I figured it has to be something else in the cutter as I tried all them boards, so I sent the whole cutter back. But I will check and see, thanks luder

Was it shipped back in the original packaging? What was your original order #? If it was shipped back without an RMA #- this would be cause for all of the delays, along with the Holidays.

Ken-yes it was shipped back in the original box, my RMA# is 12570, This problem has been going on since Nov. 14th sure would like to get this taken care of...... luder

Ken-yes it was shipped back in the original box, my RMA# is 12570, This problem has been going on since Nov. 14th sure would like to get this taken care of...... luder

Yes, spoke with Jerry yesterday, and Levi has got your unit working the way it should, but someone requested that he run more tests with it to make sure it is ready to go back to you.

Seemed to be a motherboard issue. Not sure why the ones we sent you had issues, but he got it working with a new MB.

I swapped the motherboard with one of the ones we had sent you and it turns out that one was an LP motherboard. The manufacturer did not label the boards that they sent us a while ago which is STILL causing problems like this. I swapped the main chip from the pcut board with the main chip on the LP board and it worked great. I have been doing some test cuts and the machine does great until it will randomly cut a short line. I am thinking that there is still a problem with the motherboard and I am going to swap it again and do a few hours of cutting on it to make sure the problem is fixed. I will give you a call and let you know later today.

Levi that was the problem I had with all but 2 of the boards that would just scribble the other ones would cut for awhile then randomly cut across your work then maybe stop or continue on cutting wasteing my vinyl, played with the pen a whole lot (2 rolls of paper) just to make sure it wasnt me, sometimes it would and sometimes not, thanks Bob........PS If you were to keep the pcut what could I get a refine 721 for the difference, It sounds like a more reliable unit that I might be more happy with in my Auto Body business......

This machine is still giving me a little bit of trouble. It is very hard to test because a lot of the time I won't get the problem unless I am 20 minutes into a cut... I am going to keep trying for another 30 minutes or so on this machine and then send you a new one. Either way it will ship to you today.

Thanks for the reply, hopefully we will not have anymore of these issues with a new one and hopefully that was one of the few lemons out there I will let you know.............luder

These machines are just silly sometimes. Right now the machine is cutting great with the serial connection, no problems at all. The usb on the other hand has gotten worse lol. I am about to get out a new machine and start testing it for you, just going to try one last thing.

Levi why all the work on the old machine? Seems to me that your time would be worth more on other things. Myself I dont know if I really want the old one back. By the way it screwed up on both cables and 2 different computers for myself. I am thinking if I have more problems later I will give up on the whole pcut thing, thanks..........luder

The only reason I worked on it for so long is because I was right on the brink of fixing it. Or at least I thought I was, this damn thing has a poltergeist or something. Your new machine shipped about an hour ago. Should be there in a few days. let me know if you need any help with the setup.