Sign in to follow this  
luder

Need help-I have 3 jobs to do

Frustration is setting in. I have a van and 2 windows to do but I have a problem. pt630 cutter. I have been playing with the pen and paper for 3 weeks and have a glitch once in awhile now it is there for good it seems. If I try to cut just a word or so seems fine. Yesterday I was trying to make a couple samples for a new vet office in town. When I go to cut it might get about half way then it will make a line,box,maybe triangle sometimes it will start cutting again or it might just quit altogether. I have rerun the signblazer program a few times and nothing,same problem. I just got some vinyl yesterday for some things to do. But I dont want to waste that as I went thru a half a roll of paper in the last day. I tried the help line (got a recording) which I will try again this afternoon. Sure would appreciate some opinions.............luder-delton auto body,  thanks

What connection are you using? I had trouble with my PCut whan I was using USB. I switched to serial connection and all of my troubles went away.

Well I tried the driver download and it said it was a sucess, Went to draw my sign thought it might work-2/3rds of the way thru it cut a small triangle on the side then stopped even though it said still sending to the cutter, useing the serial cable-I now have it on my vista comp same thing as my dell comp, Im starting to get peeved.luder

I think its getting worse-useing signblazer elements-Doesnt matter if its a saved file or I just scribble a couple lines of text,,,,, ;)

I am starting to think this thing is junk-patiently waiting for a call back from tech support I quess Im a computer stoop ;)

Took the cutter apart as told by tech support and looked at the motherboard looks ok to me give me a call 608-253-6033-

Received the new mother board put her in and I thought its going to work-wrong, Now I cant go offline to change any settings unless I push pause then all the other touch pads do not work as they did. This is a couple of wasted weeks for me. I think we might have to send this junk back and buy something else or just say heck with it, any ideas Ken-608-253-6033

Received the new mother board put her in and I thought its going to work-wrong, Now I cant go offline to change any settings unless I push pause then all the other touch pads do not work as they did. This is a couple of wasted weeks for me. I think we might have to send this junk back and buy something else or just say heck with it, any ideas Ken-608-253-6033

May have shipped you the wrong motherboard, so just take the large chip off of your old board, and swap it with the large chip on the new board. Unless you already sent the bad board back?

The large screwed in fins? How many different boards are there? Sorry I missed your call, want to get this taken care of, 2 of the jobs are already done and they were not done by me. I could cut something but I can not go offline and set anything or even do a test cut. Does us cutters have this problem often with this cheaper pcut, makes me wonder what the life expectancy is of this equipment is, 608-253-6033 Thanks ;D

Just a language barrier when dealing with the manufacturer.....

They do not let us know which motherboards are which, and they look identical. I think you just need to swap the large chip on the motherboard to resolve the issue.

I will give it a try took the chip out of the old one now I have to take the cutter apart (again) feels like Im working for us cutter-can I have a job  ;D

Ken -no difference if I hit the pause button it goes to x and y then back to online when I hit it again-online button does nothing

Installed the motherboard-now I can manually go offline and change setting but when I go to cut it just scribbles, found someone with the same machine and he let me try his-worked fine. Ken I bought this machine new and you have sent me 2 used boards, The newest one had bent pins and broken plastic connections I would really appreciate you sending me a BRAND new mother board, I am looking for some customer support-If I did this in my business my customers would go elsewhere. So 1 out of 4 boards works, I am worried about the quality of this cutter. Besides costing me a couple of jobs which translates into income we have enough time working and asking questions that I feel my time is worth more then this. Your forums talk about such great customer support well then lets see it. Thanks , Bob (unsatisfied customer) 608-253-6033

We do not have old mothebroards to ship you, they are all new and what the manufacturer sent us. Chinese QA is not up to par with US standards, and this is reflected in the price point of the machines....

Sounds like we solved one issue, but now you say the unit scribbles instead of cutting? Could you desribe it a bit more in detail? How does the Test cut work from the unit?

I am 100% sure the board was used-the only way the pins could be bent and 1 plastic piece broke was for someone to unplug everything in a rough manner (not takeing there time) If you put a line of text up it scribbles in about an area and then leaves a square box. As I said a person I met online let me switch theres and it worked just fine..............By the way I have a couple boards to still send back, Bob

I am 100% sure the board was used-the only way the pins could be bent and 1 plastic piece broke was for someone to unplug everything in a rough manner (not takeing there time) If you put a line of text up it scribbles in about an area and then leaves a square box. As I said a person I met online let me switch theres and it worked just fine..............By the way I have a couple boards to still send back, Bob

If it was a used board, it was sent to us that way from the manufacturer, so we apologize. I would like to personally grab one from inventory myself and ship it to you. Could you PM me your shipping info. once more please?

Well theres a month of working on a piece of junk(in my opinion) Tried the 5th motherboard this weekend, tried some text and all she does is scribble in a 2 inch square. If I go offline and push rt or lft sometimes she goes the wrong way. I have her back in the box and will be shipping her back. I did get one job done , had to piece a few things together because she would randomly stop or just cut thru the vinyl all the way across my work. Maybe you could send me some vinyl...Ken. Not sure if I am going to try another pcut or look at a different machine,any suggestions? Maybe its a ribbon cable or something else in the circuits besides the board, anyone else had this many problems other than myself? I will call you Ken and get some options but I would not reccomend this machine to anyone if I was asked about reliability. Sure the price is great but as the saying goes-you get what you pay for. And in my case I didnt get paid because I couldnt come up with the product in a months time frame just for a weekend job. I did appreciate getting the new boards but seeing it didnt solve anything I should have gotten a new cutter after the second one, ok done venting......talk to you later

Well theres a month of working on a piece of junk(in my opinion) Tried the 5th motherboard this weekend, tried some text and all she does is scribble in a 2 inch square. If I go offline and push rt or lft sometimes she goes the wrong way. I have her back in the box and will be shipping her back. I did get one job done , had to piece a few things together because she would randomly stop or just cut thru the vinyl all the way across my work. Maybe you could send me some vinyl...Ken. Not sure if I am going to try another pcut or look at a different machine,any suggestions? Maybe its a ribbon cable or something else in the circuits besides the board, anyone else had this many problems other than myself? I will call you Ken and get some options but I would not reccomend this machine to anyone if I was asked about reliability. Sure the price is great but as the saying goes-you get what you pay for. And in my case I didnt get paid because I couldnt come up with the product in a months time frame just for a weekend job. I did appreciate getting the new boards but seeing it didnt solve anything I should have gotten a new cutter after the second one, ok done venting......talk to you later

Sounds like a lemon to me, sorry. We will be happy to make it work as it should, or replace it with a new unit if we cannot fix it.

It wasnt used when I bought it why should it be fixed-new one should be sent, should a guy go to a better cutter because I am implenting this equipment in my body shop as an added source of income a couple of jobs a month would be fine, thanks luder

Guest fivestar

Luder depending on exactly what you're going to be doing with it, I am very very very happy with the Refine as they do everything I need them to do.  But I "may" be getting a Graphtec in the near future if my business goes the way I am going to be pushing it next yr.

I honestly think you got a "lemon cutter" and would think that US Cutter would make it right with you, they are really good people.

What model Refine-I am just thinking of doing a few vehicles, storefronts, etc......not as a full time business, just want everything to work when I need it,  thanks....luder

Guest fivestar

I have 2 MH-721 Refines, which are the 24" cutters.  I love mine.