Laceylp

Anyone with software they love?

I'm using signblazer and I do like it but after reading about problems...what types do others use and prefer if you have used more than one?

Thanks,

Lacey

I have a few types of software, most of them I'm still trying to learn...but by far for me SBE is still the easiest to work with...but that's just my opinion!

i am awaiting the delivery of my new copy of "vinylmaster pro" i am getting tired of sb locking up on me before i can get my work saved. i have been using inkscape a little, but the learning curve is rather flat on that one. it has been handy for some of those file types that sb won't open.

bb

I'm learning myself and stumble along with Corel or CadWorxLive. I prefer CadWorx when possible, it is user friendly. I've decided we need a graphics degree in this profession, would make life easier :thumbsup:

I'm happy with SignBlazer. It has been easy for me to learn and it does what I need it to do. I will use Inkscape to vectorize.

Ok, sounds like SBE is the user friendliest as far as ease goes.  I'm keepingit then adn hoping to get pro one day. LOL  Or a paid version.

I use CoralDraw x4 for turning to eps. 

I just found Irfanview on this site.  I have trouble with it not reading some files but it has made life easier as I sort out files and place them in to new folders.

Does anyone have ar eally good organizing system?  Do you use numbers, letters, names...what to organize your files???

I'm really trying to get through the free stuff I've gotten and organize it so I can save time when cutting. 

Thanks for any and all tips!

Lacey

I use infranview too. I just put all of my files in folderss that make sense to me. I try to organize by category. I ususallly just dump everything new in one file then once a week or so I sort them out.

LOL , BUT does her Flexi love her & you back :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

FM might not have seen her Flexi either , he just loves it ....... ;D

I do all my work in Corel, b/c I've been using it for 10 years now...I use Illustrator too, but am more time proficient in Corel...

I step/gang all my work in Corel then export as an EPS file. Import in SB. I couldn't imagine trying to create from scratch in SB (or any other RIP program at that)...But thats just me.

Lacey, where can I find infranview? I saw you said on this site, but I couldn't find it using the search from the posts. It just showed your post.Sandy

Thank you, thank you! I should have my equipment and supplies this week. Can't wait! I've downloaded inkscape, my daughter is using it to try to get her mortgage company's logo vectorized (hope I'm using the right lingo...) for me so when my software gets here, I can cut her storefront logo and such for her new offices. They move into a mall in Tulsa this weekend. I'm going to TRY to do her door sign, loan officer names on the interior doors, and a wall quote. I hope I'm not getting in over my head.At least it's all one color work. If I don't botch it too badly, I guess she'll let me put them up.LOL 

I can't thank everyone enough for all the information and help I've received. It's really exciting to start a new "career"! LOL    Sandy

I like corel x4 a lot and make my stuff there so no matter what I cut with I have to eps it anyway so SBE for me.  Don't get much easier.  I have bought signcut x2 but have a lot of problems with it more than any other software so I just export to eps and use SBE.  Best I have found., :rolleyes:

I do all my work in either Corel, Illy, or Inkscape.  So I really only need FlexiStarter to cut.  I have SBE, but stopped using it once got Flexi.

;)

I like corel x4 a lot and make my stuff there so no matter what I cut with I have to eps it anyway so SBE for me.  Don't get much easier.  I have bought signcut x2 but have a lot of problems with it more than any other software so I just export to eps and use SBE.  Best I have found., ;)

OK, I want to know your secret with Corel if "it doesn't get any easier than that". Tonight it took Cadworx, Inkscape, and Corel just so I could adjust nodes to edit a SVG file. Inkscape finally allowed me to do what I was trying to. Corel wouldn't and wouldn't allow me to unlock the SVG file so I could edit.  :rolleyes: I'm sure it was operator error but frustrating none the less. I tired saving in a diff format but no luck. These programs cause grey hair I tell you.

tory you cannot save to another format you have to export to an eps then you can edit your vector.  Corel is very strong when it comes to vectorizing and editing vectors

Hmm I tried that. I exported as a EPS and then it turned my vectored SVG file into a pixeled EPS file? :rolleyes: That's when I put it into Inkscape and then I could edit nodes. I'm not even sure how the SVG file got "locked" but Corel wouldn't allow me to unlock it either. Corel IS a great program......IF I could just master it.