Whats the best way to adjust the blade in the holder.?

I was told to adjust it so you can barley feel the blade with your finger.

Blade adjustment is all dependent on the material you are cutting...

you want it just barely out...

Take a scrap piece of vinyl and run your blade in the holder over it with slight pressure...

you want the holder to barely touch the material, and the blade only cutting the top of it...

You dont want it cutting into the backing paper...

once you get it set...

put the blade in the machine and adjust pressure till you get good cuts...

Hi Tater , Do you sell software ? ive been told the cheaper flexi is alot easier to learn .

thanks , Rodger Myers

No, I dont sell software... But Flexi starter is alot cheaper then flexi pro. 

My reccomendations is to purchase signblazer... I think uscutterdirect has it for 60 bucks.

Alot easier to learn then Flexi starter and i believe more featurees.

Hi Tater,

Does this also applies to PCUT cutter?  My blade sticks out about a quarter of an inch.

Marwan

I have never seen or used a PCut, but the blade holders should all be similar... The blade should only stick out as far at the material you are cutting... So basically, when vinyl is loaded in yoru machine... the bottom of the blade holder should basically touch the vinyl when its in the down position... Some people dont prefer this way, but thats the way that i have always done it with no issues.  a blade sticking out too far has the possibility to cut into or thru the backing paper..., this will dull your blade rather quickly... You dont want the blade cutting into the backing sheet at all.

Your logic makes alot of sense  :).  After I inspected the blade holder carefully, there is no way to adjust the depth of the blade on this type of holder.  It is basically drop-in type and screw-on the cover.  There is no adjustment knobs or screws.  Can someone elaborate on this?

My Creation Pcut I just got 2 weeks ago the blade just drops in and held with a magnet no need take apart, no adjustment screws at all. The other interesting thing is this holder looks completely different from pictures in the manual which does show an adjustment screw. But anyway the one I have works great.

Thanks Hobbot, mine is the same.  Expert users recommend a hair-thin exposed blade!  Nothing more than the thickness of the vinyl.

You suggest that the black end adjusts the blades, do you mean that the black portion should not be screwed all the way tight onto the silver piece of the blade holder, but unscrewed to give the proper height adjustment for the blade?  I currently have the black piece tightened and have adjusted the vertical positioning of the silver piece in the holder on the cutter.  I apologize if my terms are not correct, hopefully I am clear.  This does seem to work OK, once adjusted properly.....

Second question..from right side to left side of the cutter, the depth increases.  It starts off light and gets deeper.  Is there any adjustment I can make on my unit to compensate for this.  It is definately too small a difference to be measurable, but does affect the quality of my cuts.  Thanks so much for all of your help!

Yes, the black end should not be completely tight if you have the depth set correctly. As for the depth getting more or less when cutting left to right, I am still trying to find out why. Seems a few other PCut users have mentioned this, but mine does not do it, so I am still trying to figure out why. First thing to check would be the cutting strip- make sure it is not coming up on one side.

Thank you for your response.  I will continue to try that blade adjustment.  As for the cutting strip, I would like to order a new one, in case I damage this one by cutting it....I have a PCUT 25" Creation.  I have noticed on the website there seem to be cutting strips listed under the Refine model ( i think).  Is it the same, can you tell me what would be the right thing for me to order?  Thank you!

Finally, I would be willing to work with you to try and solve this uneven depth issue from side to side.  If you need some type if feedback on a unit which experiences this problem.

Thanks for your help!

Looks like the Creation cutting strip is not listed on our site currently, but if you order the Refine strip and note that you actually need the Creation strip, we will send the correct one.

Marcus suggests trying different downforce settings to resolve the uneven cut depth issue.