Sign in to follow this  
hharley3059

871 WRITE PORT ERROR

I  got my new 871 today . set it up ,did put pen in it and did a test....tested good.

Im useing flexisign so set it up useing roland pnc1000  profile.

when i try to do a cut the pen starts the design the i get (write port error) and

the pen goes crazy and mechine stops..I have checked all settings and they seem to be correct machine and computer at 9600 and com port 6  help?

You only have a laptop to hook this unit up to? Seems the majority of issues that pop up usually involve laptops and USB.....ugh. Have another USB cable to try?

Ok here the update ...i talked to your tech support....I only have this Toshiba windows xp laptop......I went into Bios and windows to see if there were USB power saving fetures to turn off ..and there is not.

Like i said i tryed to use usb cable and got write port error. the machine would start the cut then go crazy and stop... I just tryed again after going threw bios and checking all configurations and tryed a test cut...(write port error) . The typed in  the letter E in flexisign and tryed to cut......now just shows it sent and box goes blank and cutter does not try to move at all...  scratching head !!   

Might be a flow control setting, not sure, but if you give us a call, we could login to your computer and try to troubleshoot it for you: 425-481-3555

called got recording and waitting.......i did some flow changes and machine went crazy  so stoped... 

another question...have an older desktop with win98  will any of your drivers work with that?

called got recording and waitting.......i did some flow changes and machine went crazy   so stoped... 

another question...have an older desktop with win98  will any of your drivers work with that?

Yes, it should work with Win98

If you have an older machine with a serial connector (it should)...you should be able to connect with the serial cable, select com1...or whatever com port it is using,and be good to go without any drivers. Just setup as you already have....except for the port.

lol you beat me to it Ken...anyway let me add... Jerry designed SignBlazer to work with a minimal amount of CPU and memory. The software itself will run fine on 98. I have personally tried it on a 98 machine with an 800mhz chip and 128mb memory and it ran fine.

To OP...you will likely have the same problems in 98 (if not worse) by trying to run with USB...try serial.

OK update ...picked up a cheep desk top..used the serial port ..cutter working now..just a small little problem.....When cutting letters  the cutter leaves small amount of corners not fully cut on the vinyl...how might i fix this problem?

In flexi, once you hit cut it will bring up the Cut/Plot properties. (Image attached)

Goto Advanced Tab

Overcut

I had the same problem and that fixed it for me.

Jim

post-3248-12986528008401_thumb.png

post-3248-12986528029118_thumb.png