ralais

Vinyl Isn't Sticking

I just made a wall decal using 631.  I used the conform paper tape I always do, but for some reason, the vinyl isn't sticking to the tape.  I am not sure why.

I need to give the decal to someone in about 30 mins & do not know what to do.  I am going to try to recut it using a different setting (blade pressure)... but I'm not sure where it should be in the first place & if that's the reason why it isn't working.

Please help.

Common problem.

Flip it over, peel the backing off it slowly and start each and every individual part manually with your knife.

Then reapply it to the backing paper.

631 requires some really high tack premask.  ORACAL recommends HT-55, but I can't find it anywhere that doesn't want me to order like a cargo truck full of it.

I am having this same problem.  I am using the same r-tape as I do with 651 and have no problems.  I have tried differant colors of 631 with the same issue.  I adjusted the pressure and can not go any lower without it not cutting thru the vinyl.  Is this the only fix?- peeling off the backing and putting it back on?  I am just starting and have a few wall words people want but dont feel comfortable giving them this when I even have a hard time peeling it off..??  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Common problem.

Flip it over, peel the backing off it slowly and start each and every individual part manually with your knife.

Then reapply it to the backing paper.

631 requires some really high tack premask.  ORACAL recommends HT-55, but I can't find it anywhere that doesn't want me to order like a cargo truck full of it.

Google brought this up so i joined today. Did you ever find a place to get some ht55 darkdan? I use a lot of 631.

other people are finding that Conform Rtape 4076 is working really good with Oracal 631.  sold on      www.USCUTTER.com