slasher138

Wanting to cut just squares and rectangles

Hey all. I scoured the forums trying to find an answer to this question, and I think I know the answer, but I just want to check in on a few things.

Basically, I want to screen print vinyl stickers and I need a way to cut them out. If I got a plotter, could I set it up to cut the screen printed sheet of 20 stickers out? Basically just do the four or five cuts.

I have watched videos of the vinyl being cut out and leaving the adhesive backing, but I want to cut all the way through the sticker vinyl.

Thoughts?

Thanks for all the info already gleaned from your postings!

Ok, Im a little confused... But here is what I think you are talking about?

You have some vinyl, and you already have your image 'printed' on the graphic...

You want to be able to cut thru that vinyl and the backing sheet at the same time...

So basically so you would have a perfect square or rectangle every time???

Well... Can it be done... I suppose it could... Would it be a royal PITA, Yup!

Heres the problems that you will encounter if you tried this with the refine...

Registration of the vinyl to the cut head... Basically, to make sure that your pre 'printed' graphic is nice a centered... Difficult to do

Also... when the vinyl is being cut thru the machine, its held together by the backing sheet... If you cut thru that, then there will be nothing holding it together....

Premature blade wear and cutting strip wear...  Cutting thru the backing paper and all is not a good idea...

It is possible... but very difficult...  So basically I would say that The Refine or the copam is not made for this....

check out the craft robo... i think that it will find the features for your particular needs...

I agree with Tater 100%....

What ink are you using to screen print vinyl?  Sounds interesting.  If it were me, I'd just lay it out and cut it with a straight edge and razor knife. 

Ross

Buy a 5 dollar paper cutter at dollar general. it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper and easier than using a vinyl cutter.