Mohrning

SignCut keeps crashing on mac

SignCut works fine on my Mac (computer stats in my footer). I export my native Illustrator files straight to SignCut with very few problems. No crashes so far.

SignCut isn't the most robust program, but it does work from what I have experienced. Since the majority of this trade is ran by PC users the software for the PC is going to be better. It's been around longer for the PC user.

It takes training and practice to operate the machines and the software, just like it did when you learned graphic design. If you remember from what was in your statements, you would rather send this type of work out. If you aren't into learning the systems necessary to the craft, hire someone to do it for you. Problem solved. Why get so upset?

I didn't realize that there would be such a learning curve when I got my cutter, but have been taking my time to make sure I know what I am doing before I try to sell too much stuff.

Are you still working on a non-Intel machine? If you are such a devote Mac user that is still recovering from when they almost went bankrupt in the early 90's I am sure that you have the latest, greatest Mac available.

Good luck with your endeavors.

I appreciate your comments, and am glad Signcut is working for you. When you say SignCut isn't the most robust program what do you mean? I am curious when you compare Signcut with any of the other programs out there that control you plotter what you mean.

Of course Signcut is not a design program but lets compare apples to apples.

Compare Signcut to any of the output modules of any of the other commercial programs on the market and point out where we are lacking, I ask this because we are always striving to improve our software and our users input is very valuable to us.

"Of course Signcut is not a design program but lets compare apples to apples."  - Kimon

I don't mean to knock the program in any way by my comment. "Robust" might not have been the right word.

The program does function and the manual does a pretty good job with describing the functions. If I were to make any suggestions as to what I find would make it easier to use would be on the GUI side. Not being able to "see" the design in place on the substrate (relative to the size of the artwork/substrate) as I work in the program is an issue for me. I would just find the program more intuitive if there were more interface similarities between Signcut and Illustrator/Corel. Signcut isn't lacking in functionality in comparison; I think us graphics people just having issues with the interface differences from what we are used to in the design programs.

Thanks for the suggestions. I would suggest you upgrade to the new version if you have not already as the interface has been simplified. Unfortunately it is difficult to mirror the interface of Illustrator or Corel in Signcut as they do not share our features, The main Signcut window represents your design orientation in reference to the green cutter icon in the top toolbar. Additionally the new version has a much better preview function.

The latest version is a free upgrade but you will need to send us both your old and new license numbers to support@sc-x2.com you may download a new trial here www.signcutpro.com/trial.html