Sign in to follow this  
silviera

Plotter Computer Specs?

What types of computers are you using with your Plotter? I've seen as slow as a 300mhz running a plotter without a problem (besides the 5 minute startup time).

Only reason I ask is because I dont want to use my office/desktop computer as the plotter computer. I have a 800mhz PIII sitting here with everything needed to run, which I will probably put Windows 2000 on and let the beast have at it.

Hello, I wasn't able to find any specific system requirements for Signcut except for the following.

Windows 2000/XP/Vista or MAC OS X 10.3.9 or higher. Other programs may have different requirements. The most important hardware specification to concern yourself with on your computer is memory if you are cutting large jobs. You can free up memory and prevent lock-ups by closing all your background programs that load at startup. I have a 1.6ghz P4 with 640kb memory on my computer here and have had no problems cutting while running several other programs in the background.

I actually have a copy of FlexiSign 6.5 that I will be using, which i have ran in XP before.

I actually fixed up a P3 1.4ghz computer w/ a gig of ram, so i dont think i'll be having a problem :huh:

I just won my action yesturday, waiting for the money to clear the bank then BAM! Watchout forums, because once I start posting stuff i make, i turn into a forum whore :-D

Im running Three Plotters off the same computer, I have a cheap walmart computer (emachines) running an AMD sempron 3000+ Processor with windows XP home edition, I upgraded the 512 ram with an additonal sick of 1 gig ram... I can run all three machines at one time from the same computer and still have some resources avaliable...  I use one plotter on the LPT port, another on the serial port and the new US Cutter (my favorite) on the USB serial convertor.